Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is becoming increasingly popular for organizations wanting to reduce overheads and streamline IT operations. The flexibility of this model means there is no upfront investment in infrastructure required and it further minimizes maintenance and support costs. File-archiving-as-a-service (FAaaS) is one such SaaS solution aiming to provide a data storage environment that is able to ensure long-term data retention combined with security and compliance with data regulations.
Benefits of FAaaS
- Reduced capital expenditure – there is no need to provide any hardware or infrastructure which means most of the upfront capital expenses of implementing an archiving solution can be avoided with IT spend now becoming an operational expense.
- Reduced operational costs and overheads – As Stage2Data hosts the application, we take on the complete responsibility of maintaining and upgrading it. We, therefore, provide the resources to ensure availability, reliability and security. Our cloud data centers ensure secure long-term compliant data storage.
- It is easy to implement – Stage2Data’s secure archiving solution is available immediately and on-demand requiring no additional hardware or software which means organizations can be up and running promptly without delay.
- Scalability – As your organization grows, it is easy to add additional users as it can be added incrementally and are provisioned on demand. There is no limit on the amount or volume of emails that can be stored for each user.
- Flexibility – Since Stage2Data’s FAaaS is hosted in the cloud and accessed via the internet, it is accessible to users wherever they are located and on whatever device they are using.
Most organizations’ data accrues over time which means much of the data is no longer critical to ongoing business operations. Stage2Data offers a secure archive service where your redundant and irrelevant files are moved from on-premise and safely stored in our private cloud data center. Offloading these archive files and data to the Stage2Data cloud saves local storage capacity and lightens the load on infrastructure while being readily available when required. It reduces the size of backups which has a huge cost saving implication.